Are your patches free?
Are your patches official releases?
No. Our projects are entirely free and unlicensed. The aim of the patch was to fill the gap left in the official releases of the series so that fans could experience these games as intended.
Will your patches come to Steam/EGS/Console?
No. That is beyond the scope of this group’s projects.
Is there any way that I can donate / contribute to your group?
Although we thank you for your interest, as this is a non-profit fan work, our policy is not to accept any donations or incentives at this time.
If you really wish to donate to this cause, please support the official releases and buy either yourself or a friend a copy of one of the English released copies of the Trails games from either XSEED Games or NIS America. Here are some links:
- Trails in the Sky FC: Steam, GOG, Humble
- Trails in the Sky SC: Steam, GOG, Humble
- Trails in the Sky the 3rd: Steam, GOG, Humble
- Trails of Cold Steel: Steam, GOG, Humble, PS4
- Trails of Cold Steel II: Steam, GOG, Humble, PS4
- Trails of Cold Steel III: Steam, GOG, Humble, PS4, Nintendo Switch
- Trails of Cold Steel IV: Steam, GOG, Humble, PS4, Nintendo Switch
Additionally, Falcom takes international orders on their online store. Of course, you can buy Zero no Kiseki for PC itself from falcom.shop, amazon.co.jp, or dlsite.com.
….or buy yourself a really awesome Mishy t-shirt from the NIS America store.
Will you work on other projects?
Yes, but we have no details to announce at this time.
Will you submit your patches to [insert website name here]?
No. We opt to release through our selected sources and directly from the Geofront domain for a variety of reasons. The primary ones being the following:
- We can directly insure the integrity of the files you are downloading so that you are absolutely getting what we say you’re getting.
- By going through these hosts and through Geofront itself, we can ensure no profit is made from the patch at any time, following our group’s stance regarding compensation.
- By having the patch run through the site and our selected mirrors, we can ensure that any updates to them can be directed to you in a timely manner. This also ensures that you are getting the most recent version that we have released.
- We can’t verify releases that aren’t posted on the Geofront domain. As such, we may not be able to fully troubleshoot any issues that you may have with it.
Trails from Zero
Where can I buy Trails from Zero? Which one is the digital version?
Physical versions of the game are available on falcom.shop or amazon.co.jp.
You can buy the digital version on dlsite.com. Details on how to purchase from dlsite.com can be found here.
Will this work on PSP?
No. The installer/launcher is set up specifically for the Japanese PC release of Trails from Zero / Zero no Kiseki.
We did talk about attempting to push this for the PSP version, but in order to get it out sooner rather than later, the team opted for the PC release first. Unfortunately, as we are having issues with the tools that we have available as a team, we can’t discuss the progress or possibility of a PSP release of this patch at this time.
Does Trails from Zero have full voice acting?
It does not. There are means to acquire main scenario voice acting, but we cannot provide any information on how to do so due to copyright concerns.
but if you do have them, they go under <game folder>\data\talk\
Will you be working on Trails to Azure?
Yes! Check out our announcement post here.
Is Trails from Zero a prequel game?
No, it is not.
Trails from Zero is the fourth game of Falcom’s ‘Trails series,’ or also known as the ‘Kiseki series.’ People argue that it’s possible to play the games in any order, but it is also agreed that the best experience a player would have with the series is by playing the games in order.
The games for the series that are available are as follows:
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (available for PC (via Steam/GOG/Humble) and PSP)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (available for PC (via Steam/GOG/Humble) and PSP)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd (available for PC (via Steam/GOG/Humble))
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero (that’s us!)
- The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki (Trails to Azure) (Available through a fan translated patch for PSP and PC)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (available for PC (via Steam/GOG/Humble), PS4, PS3, and PSVita)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (available for PC (via Steam/GOG/Humble), PS4, PS3, and PSVita)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (available for PS4. Coming soon to PC and Switch)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (currently Japanese only- but the option to play in English using a translated spreadsheet is available)