Trails from Zero
Is this patch free?
Where can I buy Trails from Zero? Which one is the digital version?
Is this an official release?
No. This project is entirely free and unlicensed. The aim of the patch was to fill the gap left in the official releases of the series so that fans could experience the game as intended.
Will this patch be coming to Steam/EGS/Console?
No. That is beyond the scope of this group’s project.
Will this work on PSP?
No. The installer/launcher is set up specifically for the Japanese PC release of Trails from Zero / Zero no Kiseki.
We did talk about attempting to push this for the PSP version, but in order to get it out sooner rather than later, the team opted for the PC release first. Unfortunately, as we are having issues with the tools that we have available as a team, we can’t discuss the progress or possibility of a PSP release of this patch at this time.
Does Trails from Zero have full voice acting?
It does not. There are means to accomplish this task, but we cannot provide any information on how to do so due to copyright concerns.
but if you do have them, they go under \ED_ZERO\data\talk
Is there any way that I can donate / contribute to your group?
Although we thank you for your interest, as this is a non-profit fan work, our policy is not to accept any donations or incentives at this time.
If you really wish to donate to this cause, please support the official releases and buy either yourself or a friend a copy of one of the English released copies of the Trails games from either XSEED or NISA.
Additionally, Falcom takes international orders on their online store. You can also purchase from them as well.
….or buy yourself a really awesome Mishy t-shirt from the NIS America store.
Will you be working on Ao no Kiseki?
We have nothing to announce at this time.
Will you work on other projects?
Yes, but we have no details to announce at this time.
Is Trails from Zero a prequel game?
No, it is not.
Trails from Zero is the fourth game of Falcom’s ‘Trails series,’ or also known as the ‘Kiseki series.’ People argue that it’s possible to play the games in any order, but it is also agreed that the best experience a player would have with the series is by playing the games in order.
The games for the series that are available are as follows:
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (available for PC (via Steam/GOG/Humble) and PSP)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (available for PC (via Steam/GOG/Humble) and PSP)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd (available for PC (via Steam/GOG/Humble))
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero (that’s us!)
- The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki (Trails to Azure) (Available through a fan translated patch for PSP and PC)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (available for PC (via Steam/GOG/Humble), PS3, PS3, and PSVita)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (available for PC (via Steam/GOG/Humble), PS3, PS3, and PSVita)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (available for PS4. Coming soon to PC and Switch)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (currently Japanese only- but the option to play in English using a translated spreadsheet is available)